Villa Molin, built in Padua in 1597, is one of the masterpieces of Vincenzo Scamozzi, the great architect from Vicenza whom Wittkover called “the intellectual father of neoclassicism”. Cultured and refined, he created magnificent villas and public buildings, such as the Procuratie Nuove in Piazza San Marco and became famous for his activity as a set designer, creating the scenes of the Olympic theater in Vicenza and the first public museum in Europe, the Statuary of the Republic in Venice. The genius of Vincenzo Scamozzi shaped a villa of great formal rigor and geometric coherence. Its clear volumes stand out against the background of the Euganean hills and are reflected on Canale Battaglia with monumental elegance. The spectacular interior is a treasure trove of works of art, where Renaissance, Baroque and Neoclassicism coexist harmoniously. The villa was built by Niccolò Molin, Savio di Terraferma, ambassador of the Serenissima to the Grand Duchy of Tuscany and to the court of England, husband of the daughter of Doge Marino Grimani and Morosina Morosini. Many of the most important noble families of Padua, over the centuries, resided in the villa through marriages and changes of ownership. In 1918, when Padua became the “capital at the front” of the kingdom of Italy, the high military commands met there and it was the site of some meetings that led to the armistice signed on November 3 at the nearby Villa Giusti.
Via Ponte della Cagna, 106 – Padova